This session will focus on the key technologies and trends shaping the near? and long? term future of interactive television, from services and applications to infrastructure and devices. A key focus of the session will be to examine how the operator?driven ITV space is evolving to take other emerging (interactive) television technologies and trends into account. A panel of ITV technology and product strategists will discuss new television platforms ranging from managed IPTV to over?the?top offerings and how effective and potentially successful these may be in shaping the future of television. Among other issues, panelists will explore how the current EBIF platform being deployed by digital cable operators??as well as cable's tru2way platform??complements or competes with IP?based solutions and infrastructures, and will attempt to identify EBIF's and tru2way's greatest value going forward. Are EBIF and tru2way a bridge to a brave new multiscreen/OTT world?
- David de Andrade, Engineering Fellow, Video Software Architecture, Comcast
- Don Dulchinos, SVP of Advanced Platforms and Services, CableLabs
- Leslie Ellis, Translation Please/Multichannel News (moderator)
- Malia Flynn, VP of Product Development, Canoe Ventures
- David Preisman, VP of Interactive Television, Showtime Networks
- Vibha Rustagi, President and CEO, itaas