Despite the increasing popularity of TV Everywhere and other mobile‐TV services, the big screen in the living room continues to be the center of most people's TV‐viewing experience. This session will identify the most important new technologies and applications that are emerging to enhance the living room‐based viewing experience, and will explore how these innovations will alter our conception of television going forward.
Panelists will discuss such topics as the latest developments in smart‐TV applications and app store models; new services that relate the television set in the living room to the Internet of Things; new services that use automatic content recognition (ACR) technology to create experiences that meld the first and the second screen; new forms of programming and advertising content that take advantage of the incorporation of intelligence into TV sets; natural user interfaces, intelligent remote controls and other new technologies that enhance viewers' ability to navigate and control their TV experience; and the ways in which the emergence of Ultra High Definition television is likely to impact the TV user interface. Panelists include:
• Sean Besser, Head of Platform, Peel
• Brian Fife, Head of Business Development for Dragon TV, Nuance
• Hilary Perchard, VP of Business Development, Sky
• David Preisman, VP of Interactive TV, Showtime Networks
• Anne‐Marie Roussel, Co‐Founder, SeeSpace (Moderator)
• Ty Ahmad‐Taylor, Head of Smart TV Services, Samsung