This Master Class will show how an app developer can leverage Gracenote's automatic content recognition (ACR) technology and RCDb Time Data, in order to power a tablet- based, t-commerce- and social media-enabled, broadcast-synchronized companion experience. The eBay "Watch with eBay" tablet application is built on the RCDb Tablet SDK, and is enhanced by the RCDb Time Data Web service, which presents scene-based and frame-level metadata to the app. RCDb Time Data actuates related contextual, social, and monetization opportunities (ad insertion, product placement and purchases). The Master Class will provide attendees with an understanding of how eBay, arguably one of the world's most successful app developers, is driving new TV user experiences in concert with technology platform and broadcast programming partners.
- Doug Clarke (Director of Embedded Software, RCDb)
- Marc Hosein (Director of Platform Business Solutions, eBay)
- Geoff Katz (Executive Producer, RCDb)
- Christine Waage (EVP of Programming Sales, "The Bold and The Beautiful")
- Stephen White (SVP of Product and Content Management, Gracenote)