This session brings together representatives from cable, satellite and telco TV to give interactive TV stakeholders -- including advertisers, agencies, broadcasters and technology vendors -- an opportunity to learn about operators' "single-screen" interactive TV deployments to date, and their plans for implementing single-screen ITV over the next year or so. In addition to hearing operators share, discuss and debate their vision of television as a two-way -- and more engaging -- platform, attendees will learn: How broadly EBIF has been deployed to-date and how large its footprint is likely to be by the end of 2011; how the market is responding to operators' interactive TV initiatives, especially in the advertising and commerce spaces; the strategies and tactics that operators are adopting in order to evangelize their interactive TV capabilities to advertisers and other interested parties; whether there is an opportunity for cable, satellite and telco TV to cooperate to advance the industry; how operators believe single-screen interactive TV relates to other new developments in ITV, such as the increasing popularity of smartphone- and tablet-based co-viewing and streaming apps; and how tru2way figures into operators' plans.
- Jeff Baumgartner, Light Reading Cable (moderator)
- Chris Faw, SVP of Operations, Time Warner Cable Media Sales
- Joel Hassell, SVP of Engineering and Technical operations, Canoe Ventures
- Jason Malamud, General Manager, Verizon FiOS Advertising
- Roland Noll, Executive Director of Integrated Advertising and Commerce, AT&T
- Larry Samuels, General Manager, Advanced TV, DISH Network