This session -- featuring a panel composed of proponents and opponents of the FCC's controversial "AllVid" proposal (which foresees IP gateways and adapters that would bridge the gap between smart, broadband-connected video devices and the managed networks of cable, telco-TV and satellite-TV operators), and moderated by a journalist who has covered the issue in depth -- will explore the issues that separate the two sides, attempt to predict how these issues will play out over the coming months, and assess how significantly and in what ways the AllVid debate and its outcome will impact the interactive television industry and the TV industry in general.
- Jeff Baumgartner (Light Reading Cable, moderator)
- Sherry Brennan (SVP, Sales Strategy and Development, Affiliate Sales and Marketing, Fox)
- Steve Tranter (VP of Interactive and Broadband, NDS)
- Robin Wilson (VP of Business Development, Nagra-Kudelski)
- Matt Zinn (SVP, General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer, TiVo)
AllVid opponents to be announced shortly.